Watch Recorded Webinar - UK Holding Company
The UK is considered to be an extremely attractive ‘Holding’ Company location, the benefits of which include:
- Favourable tax treatment of dividend income;
- No Withholding Tax on dividends to its shareholders with no requirement that the shareholder(s) be situated in an EU / tax treaty country;
- No Capital Gains Tax on disposal of shareholdings in subsidiaries, subject to satisfaction of certain criteria;
- Extensive Double Tax Treaty network;
- No Capital Gains Tax on profits from disposal of UK Holding Company shares by non-resident shareholders.
The above, coupled with the strong commercial image of the UK jurisdiction generally, make this jurisdiction one of the premier locations for holding purposes.